Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon
The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) - Sarah J. Maas I recommended this series to a friend and while talking it up it made me want to jump back into it. I had hoped to wait a little longer, closer to when [b:Crown of Midnight|17167166|Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)|Sarah J. Maas|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1365589883s/17167166.jpg|21581860] comes out but I just got too excited.
It is amazing how much she does in such a short little nugget of awesomeness. If I didn't already know where some of this series goes I might be dying in anticipation to find out. Who am I kidding? I'm about to blow through the other novellas in the next three nights. And I only say three nights because I limit myself to one a night.
This one sets up the world and pre-story to [b:Throne of Glass|7896527|Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)|Sarah J. Maas|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335819760s/7896527.jpg|11138426] just a little bit which I actually love. I hate sitting through pages or chapters of world building with no drama or action, it bores the hell out of me. This tells us who Celaena is (and she's fucking awesome...I swear a lot with this one) but not all of her dirty little secrets. It leaves us with questions and something to anticipate.
Sam...I love you I love you I love you.
And this short little guy is packed with action. Pirates! Bar brawls! Catapults! Yeah...its pretty sweet.