Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon
Origin (Lux, #4) - Jennifer L. Armentrout Shit just got real.
Okay, so yeah...the action in this one was great. The story flew by and so much was going on there were points I had to stop and backtrack because I wasn't quite sure I believed what I just read. There was backstabbing, badassery, and blood. (So. Much. Blood.) There were deaths I'm still reeling from. And deaths I'm not quite sure how I feel about.
I admit it, I always liked Blake. There was this thought in the back of my head that said He's just misunderstood, they can trust him. Oops, wrong. Ok well NEXT time he'll make it up to them...crap. Even after everything he did I still believe he wasn't that bad of a guy and there is a little part of me that doesn't think he's really gone. What can I say? I like a fixer-upper.
But Matthew...mmmhmmm...I don't forgive you.

But it wasn't the kick-assing or even the EPIC ending that made me LOVE this...it was the snark. I think I would like to award Jennifer Armentrout with the Snark-tastic Lifetime Achievement Award. She's a master and I love her for it.
"I don't have all day guys, I have things to do. A nap I want to take in the afternoon. There's a new movie out on Netflix I want to watch, and a goddamn coupon for a free Whopper, Jr. that's calling my name."
There were so many lines I laughed out loud at, and most of them were from the guys. Luc, Daemon, and even the under the radar Archer. (Who I still like BTW.)
"Well, aren't you just a special snowflake?"
Best. Snark. Ever.
I've always loved what a douche Daemon was in the first book. I know...he was such an ass, don't encourage that kind of behavior. We deserve better. But damn, when that douchebaggery is peppered with awesome little one-liners I am willing to forget he was being a dick and swoon. So knowing how much I loved that bit of Daemon it always worries me that once they fall in love they go all goobery and sweet. blech. It's like a completely different guy. And then add in that we are getting his POV this time around I was wary. Can it really be as sexy inside his head as it is from the outside looking in?
Yes. Yes, yes, yes.
He is literally everything I thought he would be and more. His little zingers were not only on the tip of his tongue, but also in his thoughts. I mean, I could go on for days about how much I <3 Daemon. Seriously. But I won't.
"There're are eighty-six thousand, four hundred seconds in a day, right? There're one thousand, four hundred and forty minutes in a day. There're are one hundred and sixty-eight hours in a week. Around eighty-seven hundred and then some hours in a year, and you know what? I want to spend every second, every minute, and every hour with you. I want a year's worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many I can't add them up."
Right, I forgot to add he's one awesome romantic. Now I'm done.
Bring on the next one.