Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon

And best ensemble goes to...

The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater

I know I've said it before but I'm just not a fan of books with more than two POV's. It can be cluttered and confusing, especially when I don't know who I'm seeing the story through at that particular moment. It can hurt when I have too many people in my head, I can barely handle just myself. But apparently my real problem was because it wasn't done properly. This was done properly. And I don't think it would have worked if it was done any other way because this is what I would like to call an ensemble cast.

Like...Ocean's Eleven
And...Friends
Or...The Goonies

This wasn't the story of Blue and Gansey like I thought. It's the story of Blue, Gansey, Adam, Ronan, Noah, a bunch of crazy psychics, and even Barrington Welk. And I loved them all...well maybe not Barrington Welk, although I do like saying his name out loud.

Know who I loved the most? The boys. Not one in specific, but them as a whole. Not since The Elemental series have I enjoyed a gaggle of boys so much. I want to live in that warehouse with them. They are like the love children of The Golden Girls and The Hardy Boys.

“We have to be back in three hours," Ronan said. "I just fed Chainsaw but she'll need it again."
"This," Gansey replied "is precisely why I didn't want to have a baby with you.”

This is like a four-way bromance and I honestly can't decide who I liked the most. It's not like I really have to choose, but I feel like one should stand out more than the others. Can one really choose the cutest puppy??

Gansey. Seriously, he's not a teenager. I think he might be more of an adult than I am. Not that its saying much...But really, kids his age don't own a warehouse or travel the world looking for ancient secrets or have British gentleman friends or have a vocabulary way better than mine.

“My words are unerring tools of destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.”

I should be annoyed that I kept forgetting how old he was because it should be unrealistic. But it's not. Gansey is an old frickin' soul and I love him for it.

Adam. I was sort of thrown for a loop when we got his POV too, that's when I realized it wasn't just Blue and Gansey. And I was bummed at first cause I thought 'not again'. However, he was a pleasant addition for a set of eyes to see the world through. I think if I had only seen him through the other two he would have pissed me off. Not saying I didn't want to shake him when he refused help from Gansey, or anyone for that matter, but I understood it more.

“When Gansey was polite, it made him powerful. When Adam was polite, he was giving power away.”

I hope in the next one Adam will learn that accepting help from the ones who love him isn't taking something away from him self, or failing. I've always thought that help from a friend wasn't charity because its give and take, in the end it all evens out. But Adam is coming from a completely different life from mine and every single one of his friends.

Ronan. RONAN. I love an angry bad boy, especially an angry bad boy with a maternal side. Him and that bird is just...a-dor-a-ble. When he took her to school I knew then I had a crush on him.

Ronan's smile cut his face, but he looked kinder than she had ever seen him, like the raven in his hand was his heart, finally laid bare.

I know there's stuff going on up in his head and I pray we get into it in the next one. To be honest, if I had to play favorites with the boys...it might be Ronan. Don't tell the others though.

Noah. Why was he always petting Blue's hair? Not saying I didn't like it but...whaaaa...? Such a cute little creeper. I kept forgetting about this poor guy, but that was probably the intention. He, however, was my true HOLY SHIIIII moment.

Crap, I've spent way too much time babbling on about boys. (such is life) I could probably go on and on about how much I loved them all, but I won't. I'll save it for the next one.

Needless to say, I obviously enjoyed this and I'm super stoked to read the next. If I didn't have a list of must reads to get through I'd go straight on with this...but I must be strong and stick to my plan. Plus, it leaves a little something to be excited for.

Bring on the love triangle!