Unwind
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon

You make me feel...

Linger  - Maggie Stiefvater

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Grace Brisbane. There was nothing particularly special about her, except that she was good with numbers, and very good at lying, and she made her home in between the pages of books. She loved all the wolves behind her house, but she love one of them most of all.

I find it hard to describe why I like this book so much. I could probably break it down by each character, what I thought of them, why I cared about what happened to them. But that wouldn't really explain my feelings. And I can't really say it was the plot because, to be honest, I didn't have moments like I normally do with my favorite books where I was on the edge of my seat, gasping an O.M.G. It's not a thriller, there's no epic battles. Again, no Lion King moment I secretly wished for. But I'm actually okay with that.

Basically, I think it comes down to this. The book is easy. Not easy in a lower reading level sort of way. But easy to fall into the world. Easy to enjoy. Easy to connect with the characters. All of them were so believable even with their extraordinary pasts, their unordinary lives. If Sam were to say to me, "This isn't fiction Bailey, this is a true story." I'd probably nod casually and go with it. And that is all in the writing. Maggie Stiefvater has a beautiful way with words, plain and simple.

"I'm standing here in the shed, and I'm waiting to see if my seeds are going to poke out of the dirt. I don't know if its too early to look for signs of life or if, this time, winter has claimed my family for good."

I could go on and on about how much I loved Sam and Grace's relationship or how annoyed I was with Grace's parents sudden decision be finally actually be parents. But that would be gushing or just ranting and the words always sound better in my head anyways, so I won't.

I do, however, feel the need to mention how much I loved the newest addition, Cole. He was selfish, gorgeous, snarky, and damaged just enough for me to fall for him. Throw in Isabel and this is a beautiful disaster just waiting to happen and I can't wait to see more of them. Cole's arrival made the second book better than the first. He has fulfilled the bad boy quota that I didn't realize was missing with just Sam.

Sam + Cole = A hard freakin' decision if I were stuck in a love triangle.