Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon

Untitled (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)

Untitled (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) - Susan Ee I'm exhausted. Emotionally drained.

There is this movie I saw on Syfy, Alice, it's a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. (If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. I love that sorta stuff.) In Wonderland, the people there drink tea made from all sorts of human emotions, pretty much anything you can think of. Love, lust, excitement, bewilderment...you get the point. Well after reading this I feel as though I have gone around and sampled every single tea they had to offer and now I have been emotionally over stimulated.

And I loved every minute of it.

Here is just a sample of the teas I drank while reading this:

SHOCK with a hint of TERROR
Once again I was blown away by pure horror/science-fiction of this story. I know that I've had some strange thoughts and 'what if' ideas. But I want to know what Susan Ee is thinking, what she's eating before going to bed to dream this shit up. Because that is the only place this can come from, nightmares. I mean that as a compliment, by the way.

PRIDE
Not pride in myself, all I did was read it obviously, but pride in Penryn. She's is an heroine that is easy to get behind for the simple fact that she doesn't see herself as one but has done heroic things nonetheless. So often I read about girls who just happen to be the only one who can save the day and have had this destiny laid out for her long before she ever knew it. But Penryn is just a girl who has a clear head on her shoulders and common sense coming out of her ass who honestly just wants to protect her family. If she saves the world from an army of angels in the process, so be it.

AMUSEMENT
I can't even count the number of times I laughed out loud. Between Pooky Bear, Mom's surprisingly useful antics, DeeDum and the banter between Penryn and Raffe, I almost forgot about all the horrific scenes. Almost.

LUST
Raffe. Wet. Fireside. I'm sure I don't have to elaborate.

GIDDINESS
There isn't a love story here...yet. But I see one and I'm so excited for it. Am I annoyed by how slow its going? Not at all. It's actually not that slow considering how little time has passed, but by the second book we normally have more than just a first kiss. Oh man, it was a good first kiss though, I'm still thinking about it and it wasn't even in this one!

And finally...

FRUSTRATION
When does the third book come out? Yeah...I'm not a very patient person.
Suppose I'll find a way to occupy myself until then.