Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon

Ella Enchanted

Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine, Eden Riegel If you are going into this thinking that it's anything like the Anne Hathaway movie then stop, rewind, and forget that. Obviously it's never really like the book so that was my fault for thinking it, but other than names and a few similar scenes, its a completely different story. I'm surprised they were able to call it Ella Enchanted at all, I'm not even sure I would say it was loosely based on the book. But such is Hollywood...
With that said, this was an adorable read. I wish I had this when I was younger, I would have read it over hot chocolate with those fake little marshmallows in between reading my favorite [a:Judy Blume|12942|Judy Blume|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1195238650p2/12942.jpg] books and watching MMC. Yes, I've just dated myself and I'm okay with that.
I would recommend this one for any one with a daughter who's a tween, or in that vicinity. Hey, I'd even give it to my son when he's old enough to truly appreciate it. (He did enjoy listening to it in the car since he thought it was Sophia the First...which I give him mad props for cause the narrator really did sound like her.) This has a good message anyone can relate to. Ella is a strong and independent heroine who can teach even someone my age valuable lessons.
So if you need a trip back to a more innocent time and love princes (who doesn't), fairies, and of course a pumpkin coach, then I would pick this one up.